Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm sure my teeth are moving (crowding)- how can I retain them from moving for VERY CHEAP?

Well, about 3 years ago, I had to get 4 crowns on my 4 of my molar teeth. I use to have straight teeth with a very small crowding on just one tooth on my front bottom teeth. But ever since the crowns, my bottom-front teeth have become very crowded. It%26#039;s nothing obvious that you can spot by me speaking, but is surely is obvious if I look at my bottom teeth from a above-view angle and other angles. Thefefore, it%26#039;s also pressuring my top-front teeth due to the crooked 2 bottom-front teeth. Many times I wake up with sore front teeth.





I really want Invisalign, but have virtually NO money to spend.





Is there a way I can retain my teeth from getting worse for very cheap? I have virtually no money to spend.





Also, how can I check how much my teeth move between, lets say, a 1 month interval?





Thank you all very much! I appreciate any relevant input.

I%26#039;m sure my teeth are moving (crowding)- how can I retain them from moving for VERY CHEAP?
Unfortunately, if you had a bit of crowding before, your teeth will probably continue to slip out of alignment more over time. This is very common and is usually treated by some type of orthondontics, whether traditional or invisalign.





So, that being said, I would talk to your dentist and see if they can fit you with a retainer to wear at night. If not a retainer you can remove than perhaps they can put a permanent retainer for you. A permanent retainer is a wire they cement to the back of the teeth that is thin and unobtursive. Or you might try getting a mouth guard to wear at night (like a boil in the pan sports mouth guard) to act as a cushion between your upper and lower teeth. It will help reduce the pressure on the front teeth and if you are grinding your teeth (which you may not know) than it will help for that too. Good luck





JAMRDH -a dental hygienist
Reply:What about a simple retainer to wear at night? Much cheaper and might keep them from continuing to move.



car makes

No comments:

Post a Comment