Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teeth extractions for braces?

I%26#039;m 27, I have dull pain all the time from my bite (the pressure is on the UR2 tooth). My dentist says I need another brace (I had braces as a teenager). She says I might need teeth out to make space but as I already had my %26quot;4s%26quot; and wisdoms out, I dont really want any more teeth out (I have 24 teeth, no decay). But I dont want my bite to destroy my upper front teeth...so I dont know. I still have space from my wisdom teeth extractions, maybe my teeth could be pulled back a bit or something. I know its difficult to comment without seeing them/being an ortho but hey, its lunchtime and Im bored.

Teeth extractions for braces?
I want to get braces but they said they have to pull two front-ish teeth out... im too scared and its soooo expensive, so i think i%26#039;ll just have horrible wonky teeth.


It sounds like you have had lots of teeth out, is there nothing else they can do? Otherwise, you just need to grin and bear it, i suppose.
Reply:i would recommend finding out which teeth they are talking about taking out first, as you really need to make an informed decision about this.





moving your teeth all back takes a very long time to do and also can make your face look sunken which i know you would not want, the canine teeth and the front one%26#039;s define your profile and if all are moved back you may not like the result.





sometimes they take out the first molars to make a bit of room but in your case it may be too much space so the 5%26#039;s would be the other option, but again without knowing how much space is needed i cannot advise you on that.





you may have space between your back teeth that the front ones can be spread out into to give you a better bite so moving top and bottom teeth will be needed in any case.





another option to make space if needed is to have about 1mm filed off of each tooth between them where they meet, this does not harm the teeth or make them any weaker.





go to the orthodontist and find out what they recommend as normally you have more than one choice what to do.



celebrity makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment